More Canjos



There have been so many canjo workshops at this point that I can't even count how many have gone out into the world.  I have done them with young people, old people, in workshops and at festivals. Here are a few photos from the past couple of years:



A mini workshop in my shop 2014

Brooklyn Folk Festival.  This was in 2016, but I also did a workshop at BFF in 2017.

Workers Arts and Heritage Center, Hamilton, Ontario 2016
Arrowmont School of Art and Craft, 2016
Syracuse University Students, 2017
Haystack Mountain School of Craft, 2016


A cross-studio workshop also at Haystack Mountain School of Craft 2017
There are other workshops but I either did not document them well or I can not find the photos.  Oh, well.  Suffice it to say that I have sent hundreds of these things into the world at this point.  Democratize Making!

I have also made a pdf handout.  Feel free to download, print, and disseminate widely!  Canjos bring so much joy for so many reasons:  They are easy to make, they are (relatively) easy to play, and they are, after all silly and delightful.


Comments

  1. What you're doing with the public - sharing the joy of building and playing handmade musical instruments - is a beautiful thing. And your downloadable canjo PDF is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO glad it's helpful! Make 'em and play em!

      Delete

Post a Comment